The ARCW (AIDS Resource Center of WI) stopped by today and offered free AIDS and STI testing. Those who were tested got a goody bag and were entered into a raffle. They also provided lunch for the day. Thank you for all the good work you do!
The Herker Family, in association with Advent Lutheran, has been donating sleeping bags to Repairers of the Breach since 2004. Since then, they have donated over 6000 sleeping bags. Thank you! You are truly Repairers!
Jolly Old Saint Nick himself! That's right, Santa paid us a visit this week and we couldn't be more grateful, because he brought hats and mittens for us! Thank you, Santa! You are a true Repairer!
This year is record-breaking for us. This is the earliest we've ever opened our emergency warming room. Thank you to TMJ4, who helped get the word out that we are open when the temperatures fall to below 20.
Hello, Repairers! Below is a student video for ROTB. Enjoy!
On Saturday, October 26th, dozens of Repairers stakeholders and supporters attended the Annual Meeting at Grohmann Museum at the Milwaukee School of Engineering. Pastor James West, Executive Director, and Rebecca North, Board President, provided information and took questions from those assembled. The key takeaways are:
1. The average monthly attendance was up very slightly from 2018 to 2019.
2. The free medical clinic use was roughly steady. More medical volunteers are needed.
3. Personal Care program usage was up, and men's jeans are very much needed.
4. Breach Cafe almost doubled its services and partnered with the Hunger Task Force.
5. Repairers will continue hosting an emergency warming room this coming winter.
6. Brian Jett was honored as the Buffy Godfrey overall winner.
7. Organization remains healthy financially, but there is a noticeable decrease in foundational support.
8. New board members are needed.
Thank you to everyone who came! It was a wonderful annual meeting!
Check out these wonderful pictures from our President, Rebecca, who attended the Homeless Connect event on 10-17-19 at Marquette University!
Hello, Repairers! It's that time of year... time for our Annual Meeting! Our event will be held October 26, 2019, starting at 1:30 pm. All are invited. Please RSVP at least a week ahead of time if you can. Below are all the details, and we hope to see you there!