What We Do: Solutions for Basic Needs & Beyond
Not only do homeless people have the solutions to homelessness,
they are the solutions. —Anonymous formerly homeless Vietnam veteran
Our Daytime Resource Center
- Our center is open from 7 a. m. to 4 p. m., Monday through Saturday and on several major holidays, when many other programs serving the poor and homeless are closed;
- In 2019, we averaged 3031 visits per month. Our homeless constituents are not passive clients or guests —rather they are active Members of a community of homeless persons in transition to the mainstream;
- Homeless members develop a sense of ownership in the center, help ensure a positive environment, and have a voice in the self-determination of the Repairers of the Breach community;
- Our member-community not only created the community rules that govern their center, but they also enforce them;
- Self-determination, self-governance, individual responsibility and peer support are powerful motivators for our members—they are empowered to succeed.
Our Initiatives - Center Resources
- Our program services, all of them free to our members, address the obstacles homeless people face on their individual journeys to the mainstream of society;
- These free, sometimes one-of-a-kind initiatives are delivered in a "living room" context that emphasizes the ideals of “self-help” and "homeless helping homeless";
- Member-volunteers help monitor the member-community’s use of resources such as food, showers and telephones.